Monday, January 08, 2007

Backlogging..."back to blogging"

So hard to blog again when you have so many things to tell.

New Year's Eve in Bulacan was bittersweet. Though it was a great party, it wasn't really enough for me coz I wasn't with the people who meant the most to me. My family. Oh well. There's always next New Year's.

There was lots of food for all. My tita called in the neighbors to come over and eat. The food was set up in the driveway. My cousins set up a sound system at the gate and the neighbors danced in the street. We danced to music from the Pussycat Dolls (lahat ata), Ciara (Automatic), and alot more. Oh, and not to forget the famous song of the year....Boom Tarat Tarat! lol. Everyone was dancing. Youngens, kids, moms, dads, everybody from 3-60+. lol. Only one emotion could be seen on each and every face: Happiness. Dapat lang.

I, on the other hand, had my moments. When I saw my cousins come out of the house after their Kris Kringle (i wasn't included coz they didn't know i'd be coming home)...couldn't help but feel sorry for myself. Kinda pathetic. I know they see me as family, but there's still a tiny inkling of not being one of them. Maybe it's just me. I ached so much to be with my entire family. Anyway, after a few sobs in the bathroom and a quiet moment alone in the dark behind the house, i was fine.

I drank my sadness away with a bit of tequila margarita. Sarap! But still, the night was fun. At 12, we played the countdown and lit a couple of fountains and the Sinturon ni Hudas. Took about 10 mins to finish.

Didn't get a New Year's text from Ron. Doesn't matter. I forgive him. He must have been psyched to be with nearly his whole family. So happy for him.

Spent New Year's Day at Ron's in Paombong. Met Ate Weng, Kuya Jimmy and Julia for the second time. They're still the same nice warm people. I already feel lucky to be welcomed in their family.




I wasn't able to greet Mum, Dad & Kuya. I hope they know that I was thinking of them the whole time.

No comments: